When you are looking for the best landscaper to carry out your project where do you start? My guess is most probably the internet. However finding the right landscaper to do the best job can be complicated the more you search.
We thought we would help you with your landscaper search by giving you a few starting points to help you on your way…
- Approved contractor lists: to ensure you get the best landscaper that installs to the highest standards, search approved contractor lists such as the Marshalls Register or Bradstone Approved. If you select three contractors from a list like this they should all install to the same standard, the price difference in quotes should be down to detail and skill. http://www.marshalls.co.uk/homeowners/approved-garden-and-driveway-installers
2. Trustmark: TrustMark is a government endorsed scheme. There are scheme operators who inspect companies providing services, and establish if they’re reputable and trustworthy tradesmen. Those companies who make the cut become TrustMark Approved, and they can bear the TrustMark logo. trustmark.org.uk
- Houzz: This is a home design website where you can get ideas for your outdoor space and connect directly with tradespeople. To search for a landscaper in your area go to the‘Find A Pro’ section of the site, where a list of great professionals will be waiting for you. Visit their profiles and connect! houzz.co.uk
- Awards: There are a number of competitions and award ceremonies in every area. Forlandscaping specific awards there are the Marshalls awards (Regional and National), Bradstone awards, Association of Professional Landscapers’ (APL) awards and BALI to name a few. These awards celebrate the best in hard landscaping and are based on projects completed. There are also numerous local business awards that will celebrate well run businesses in the area. Awards are great to show longevity of a company, skill, design and consistency. View Aura Landscapes awards here https://www.auralandscapes.co.uk/awards/
- APL/BALI: The Association of Professional Landscapers (APL) and British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI) are professional bodies that comprises of accredited landscape companies who design, build and maintain gardens throughout the UK. The APL have a rigorous inspection process to join and is the toughest in the industry. https://www.landscaper.org.uk/ and http://www.bali.org.uk/
- Reviews: As it goes for all service based companies the more reviews a landscaping company has and the higher their service is rated, the better chance you will have of getting a great experience. Once you have selected a shortlist of companies look for their reviews on; their website, google reviews, professional profile pages (e.g. Marshalls), social media (Facebook), case studies, Houzz. Choose wisely! Feel free to check out Aura Landscapes reviews & case studies at auralandscapes.co.uk and www.facebook.com/auralandscapesltd
To be a landscaper there is little one needs to act the part. You can have one man a truck and some tools to a legit, fully insured, highly skilled and highly experienced landscaper. Be careful to research any company that will be doing any sort of work on your property. Ask lots of questions and get proof of their work – visit recent projects, copies of insurances etc. Don’t just take someone’s word for it make them prove it!
Then why not download our landscaper checklist to compare each one. Download yours for free here: https://auralandscapes.leadpages.co/landscaper-checklist/
We would love to be your landscaper of choice, we cover Hampshire, Surrey and Dorset installing high quality landscaping projects. Contact us for a free consultation 02380 434231
Feel free to browse the website and make us prove we are the best landscapers in the South!